Criteria for Membership
- Be 55 years of age or older and reside in the service area of the city of Santa Fe or Santa Fe County
- Be responsible for and capable of making key decisions about your own life
- Live in a residence that presents no known threats to health or safety
- Be self-sufficient in meeting personal care needs, either through self care or arrangements with a personal caregiver
- If wheelchair bound, be able to transfer yourself from the wheelchair to other seating such as a vehicle etc., without the assistance of a Santa Fe Neighbors volunteer
- Have a current medical coverage/plan in place including a relationship with a medical provider (doctor/clinic/neighborhood health facility)
- Be willing to provide advance contact information of family, friend or other person(s) that Santa Fe Neighbors is permitted to contact in case of emergency
As an inclusive community, we are committed to providing opportunities for membership to people of all means. If you require assistance,please call us to discuss your needs.
All members are encouraged to volunteer and proide services to other members. Volunteers may join at any age.