How do you want to grow older?
........independently, in your own home among family and friends, with your pets, your garden, your memories, and the things you love?
Santa Fe Neighbors/Vecinos de Santa Fe is a non-profit, self-supporting virtual "Village" of members, volunteers, and community partners working together to provide the physical services, social engagement, and timely referrals necessary to help us remain in our own homes, make our own decisions, and fully inhabit our own lives with safety and confidence as we age.
Who can join?
- Seniors aged 55+ in greater Santa Fe and Santa Fe County
How we can help seniors age well, in place:
- TRANSPORTATION: Rides for medical appointments, grocery shopping, errands, classes, lunch dates, social gatherings, etc.
- LIGHT HOME MAINTENANCE & CHORES: Change light bulbs, walk a dog, fix a door, plant a tomato, prepare a meal, take out trash, organize personal papers, etc. – repairs and services that keep us safe and sound in our own homes.
- TECH SUPPORT: Help with your computer, wireless network, or phone to help you stay connected via text, tweet, skype, face time or email.
- COMPREHENSIVE RESOURCE & REFERRAL LISTS: Volunteers are thoroughly vetted, and providers are licensed and screened. Additionally, we negotiate discounts for members whenever possible.
- SOCIAL EVENTS & CONTACT: Friendly visits, daily check-in phone calls, social gatherings, exercise classes, book clubs, lectures and talks, outings to events, movies, museums, the theater, and more
COMING UP: Theater Program
A Doll's House, Part 2
Sunday, May 26, 2019, 3 pm
We continue to grow our membership and are looking for more volunteers to help with Service Requests, Village administrative work, and committees. Our Members need you! Please contact us for Volunteer opportunities.
"Peace of mind....with support when and where
you need it. That's what we're all about."
Santa Fe Neighbors, Inc. is a not-for-profit 501-(C)3 organization
Some Santa Fe Neighbors founders, taking a break
Or if you would like membership information for yourself, your parents, or someone you know, contact Linda Duritz at: email@example.com
Ways to get involved: We are looking for people with an expertise or a desire to help in Volunteer Services, Fundraising, Programs & Event Planning, Membership, and Community Outreach. Contact us now and help shape our future!
For information on The Village Movement:
by Jane Gross
by Brian Williams
by Ray Suarez
by Amy Walters